Elder Law Issues
Elder Law Issues broadcasts each Friday at 10:04 am on 88.9 WFSU-FM. Sponsored by Elder Law attorney Twyla Sketchley of The Sketchley Law Firm, Elder Law Issues addresses the questions and concerns of seniors and their caregivers.
If you have a question, please email email@example.com. Please reference Elder Law Issues in the subject line of your message.
- October 18, 2019 - I received a letter from the lottery stating I won a substantial prize but need to pay taxes or a processing fee before I can collect. Is this a scam?
- October 11, 2019 - I received a call from Microsoft stating they identified my computer as running slow and they needed to access it to fix it. Is this a scam?
- October 4, 2019 - I received a call from someone claiming to be the IRS asking me to send them money for taxes. Is this a scam?
- September 27, 2019 - Can someone help me when I'm appealing a denial of Medicare coverage?
- September 20, 2019 - What is a Beneficiary and Family Centered Care Quality Improvement Organization under Medicare?
- September 13, 2019 - What is a spell of illness under Medicare?
- September 6, 2019 - What does it mean when a Medicare recipient is in a hospital but on observation status?
- August 30, 2019 - What are the reasons a resident can be discharged or transferred from a nursing home?
- August 23, 2019 - My mother is in a nursing home and was told she had to leave by the end of the week but, we don't believe she is well enough to go home. Does she have to leave?
- August 16, 2019 - Can a business refuse to allow me in with my service animal?